Panna cotta pie with liquorice
For the base
- 175 g biscuit crumbs, e.g., oat biscuits
- 100 g melted butter
- 6 gelatine leafs
- 2 dl full or semi-skimmed milk
- 4 dl double cream
- 2 dl sugar
- 1 dl cold or room temperature liquorice sauce (please seethe recipefor liquorice sauce)
- fruits, berries, and coconut flakes
- Crush the biscuits. Add the melted butter to the biscuit mix. Compress the mixture into the base of small trays (8 cm in diameter) or a bigger tray (24 cm in diameter) with a removable base. Bake at175 degrees for 10 minutes or until the base is a lovely golden colour. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Place the gelatine leafs in cold to lukewarm waterfor 5 minutes.
- Measure the milk, cream and sugar into a pan. Heat the cream mixture, blending all the while until it nearly reaches a boil. Before the boiling point, remove from heat. Squeeze the gelatine leaves and add the dry leaves and mixture. Let it cool for approximately 15 minutes.
- Scoop liquorice sauce onto the base of the pie. Pour on the filling. Cover with plastic wrap. Move it to a cool place and let it thicken (this will take at least 2 hours).
- Place the decoration of your choice on top. Serve immediately.